Estuary Explorers Warrnambool
Explore what makes estuaries great.
Estuaries are dynamic environments where freshwater from land meets the sea, creating diverse and unique homes for marine critters, plants and birds.
Come and learn about these special places through fun, family activities such as:
- Citizen science – monitoring estuary conditions with EstuaryWatch volunteers
- Experimental child’s play – discover what happens when freshwater and saltwater mix
- Fishy fun – learn about fish identification and fish anatomy through games
- Shopping for bush foods – discover Aboriginal cultural use of estuaries in the region. Unearth middens and edible plants during interactive, guided estuary walks for children and families.
- Sand sculpture competition – prizes awarded to the best “estuary” themed creations
- Information available about local estuary processes and values, as well as EstuaryWatch monitoring along the Merri and Hopkins Rivers
What to Bring…
Bring along a happy disposition, an inquisitive nature and a smile!